The Election Board is responsible for maintaining voter registration records and for the conduct of all federal, state, county, municipal, school district and fire protection district elections in Delaware County. The Election Board is comprised of three members. The Secretary is charged with the duty of the daily operations of the Election Board Office.
- Supervises voter registration, voter outreach, and maintains registration records
- Designates polling places & conducts elections for school districts, municipalities, fire protection districts, county, state & federal entities
- Appoints and trains election officials and prepares & assembles supplies, ballots & materials for elections
- Provides absentee voting (mail, nursing homes and in-person)
- Certifies official election results and conducts contests of candidacy and election recounts
- Provides public information for all election related activities
In addition to the regular office hours, there are times during an election cycle that the County Election Board office must be open additional hours.
- Candidate Filing Period: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Contest of Candidacy Period (two days following the Candidate Filing Period): 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Last day to apply for Absentee Ballots (Monday - 15 days prior to election day): 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- In-Person Absentee Voting (Early Voting):
- Thursday and Friday before Election Day: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. for all elections
- Saturday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. ONLY for State and Federal elections
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. ONLY for November General Elections
- Election Day: 6:30 a.m. until all tasks have been completed on election night
- Contest of Election Period (Wednesday-Friday following an election): 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Confirm Your Voter Registration
View a Sample Ballot
Find Your Polling Place
Request Absentee Ballots
Change Your Address or Party Affiliation - And More!